Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Simple Dress

Here is something I whipped up for Madeline before heading to Nina and Papa's house on Sunday.  It's not much but I was really missing my sewing machine and needed a quick fix!  It turned out really cute for the time I put into the dress. 



It's actually 3 pieces.  I first made a tube and did the shirring but it was way to loose and I wanted the dress to have lots of room for movement so I decided to size down the top and leave the bottom.  I folded 2 rectangles in half, stitched them right sides together, flipped them right side out, and shirred 3 rows after they were attached to the dress.  The fabric is by Amy Butler. 







For the headband I sewed a piece of rose trim to 1/4" elastic.  Super easy.  I'm all about the headbands these days.  She pulls everything else out.  She can't seem to figure out how to get the headbands off yet....



Now I'm hoping to make the boys something to match her cute dress for co-op school on Thursday.  My goal this year was to have them all wearing handmade school clothes and since we only go once a week I thought it would be an attainable goal.  I'm not so sure anymore seeing that it's Tuesday already! 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.