Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Invisible Snaps Tutorial

Invisible Snaps.  Can you see them?




I finally figured out a way to make dresses without having to use buttons!  I don't like the way snaps look but I love the ease of them so I decided to try and cover the snaps with fabric and it worked.  Yea! 

First I cut a circle out about 3 sizes larger than the snap



Then I wrapped the fabric around the decorative prong and put it in the rubber ring.  After that I followed the directions for my plier kit.  I have the Dritz plier kit that works with several sizes. 



And when I was finished I had what looked like beautiful fabric covered buttons!


I hope this makes someones day like it did mine! 
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Now, THAT is inspired and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh- what a fabulous idea! I see many potential uses for that.
    I have never come across a 'snap tool like contraption' (technical term) as seen in your photo. I have always hated snaps because i have had to hammer them on. May i ask if it is easy to use and where do i come across buying one?? What are they called would also be a good question? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is available at JoAnns called a snap pliers. Run about $28. Love mine!

      Delete
    2. It is available at JoAnns called a snap pliers. Run about $28. Love mine!

      Delete
  3. This is so clever- I have still not made friends with my snap pliers...but when I do I'm trying this!
    erica @ http://bisforboycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is awesome! I'm so going to try that tomorrow... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally a great idea!! Love your site!

    Linda J
    VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally a great idea!! Love your site!

    Linda J
    VA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.