HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Heather Ross Far Far Away III Linen outfit.

I recently whipped up a little outfit for Madeline using a beautiful linen fabric from Heather Ross.  I love how this fabric is sweet and natural but also durable.  It takes a quality fabric to handle the outside lifestyle of my busy two year old these days.  I made up the design using a simple bodice pattern and one of the boys shorts patterns.  I only had a yard so I just created what best fit the fabric cut.  Unfortunately this fabric is on the pricey side so I will be cutting this outfit up and using the fabric for a quilt when she out grows it.  I know it will be such a sweet treasure someday to have a quilt made of all the little outfits she wore during this fleeting time in life. 


When I say I whipped it up I mean I made it in less than an hour!  Impressive right???  That is was I thought until I was editing these photos and realized I sewed the bottom of the top on upside down.     




Here it is another hour later right side up and once again being put to the test of surviving toddler hood. 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I also think it's a great idea to make a quilt as a memento, will also be doing that with what ever is left when both of my boys have outgrown their cloths!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.