HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Made Beach Robe Ruffled Tutorial

So here is that mini tutorial I promised forever ago.  I'm so slow!  We actually ended up with the stomach flu which set us back a few days.  Yuke!  What is it with the stomach bug these days?  I remember when it was the "24 hour bug" now it seems to be never ending.  It took us 5 days to fully get over it!  I've noticed this reading other blogs as well.  It seems to knock us moms out cold these days!

So while I was recovering I started back into house project mode.  Mostly in the garden and I did a little make over on our porch floor. 

This is it before.


Here it is now.   Ahhhhh........




I used Quick crete concrete stain in (Colored Bridge).  It's a creamy taupe.  I originally chose Grayling which is a taupe gray but it turned out super gray and looked like an industrial garage.  I would avoid all shades of gray if you choose to do this! 

The process was super easy.  I washed off the porch, waited for it to dry, then I rolled on the stain.  It took 3 coats and each coat has to dry 24 hours.  It also took one can per coat to cover our porch floor which is about 300 square feet so it's more expensive than paint but it looks so nice and wipes clean alot better than paint.  It has a seal that keeps things on the surface which is great for all the morning coffee that gets spilled out there. 

I also keep finding these super tiny frogs while I'm gardening.  I can't get over how small they are!  I know I get a little dorky with the nature stuff but I can't help it.  I love the out doors and all of Gods amazing creations. 





Seriously, is that not the tiniest frog you ever seen!


Click the pic for the Ruffled Made Beach Robe tutorial.


I love that sweet face!






Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.