HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gauze Dress with Crochet

Here is one of Madeline's new dresses.  This dress was so easy to make and turned out beautiful.  The fabric is a double gauze Japanese fabric.  I had ordered a quarter cut a couple years back to see if I liked it for another project and it has been patiently waiting to be turned into something beautiful ever since. 





The fabric has a nice frayed edge so there was no need to finish the hem and it shirred up perfectly.  To add the sleeves I just cut off the sides at an angle.  I had read somewhere that you just cut right through the shirring.  I have to admit I had little faith and held my breath as I cut but it worked fine.  I did end up finishing the cut edge with a tight zig zag stitch to make it more durable for my busy little baby. 

The sleeves are made from a doilie I found at the thrift store with some bias binding along the cut edge.




And here is my sweet girl playing with one of our newest pets. 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.