HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Monday, May 28, 2012

Anthropologie look a like tote.





I was heading out of town last week and needed a tote that would hold my iPad securly.  I found some fabulous totes at Anthropologie but at $90.00 a pop I just couldn't take one home.  They also didn't have the pockets I needed to keep my iPad secure. 


So instead I ended up purchasing 2 napkins on clearance and making my own.  I found 2 more napkins at home with the floral pattern so I was able to make a really large tote.  I added yellow velvet ribbon at the seam to give it a pop of color. 


I ran out of scrap fabric for the straps so I added some real leather scraps that I had from Joanne's Fabric.



The best thing about this tote is the pockets!  I made a pocket specific to all of my supplies and it worked out perfectly!

Happy Sewing!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.