HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Monday, December 31, 2012

Handmade felted doll


Meet our sweet new friend Valarie.  This is one of my handmade favorites this year.  I came across this pattern on Etsy by accident and fell in love!  I have 3 more in production now. 



The pattern also came with a little stuffed toy rabbit for Valarie, a purse, jacket, and shoes.  I made Valarie for Madeline and felt those items would be lost.  I can't wait to finish another one with all the accessories.  The pattern is excellent!  It is well written and very easy.  It would make a great pattern for young girls.  It's all hand sewing and supplies are minimal. 




I made a few mistakes with the eyes.  I used 100% felted wool, found at Hobby Lobby, and it fell apart a little.  Next time I plan to use a wool blend for the eyes.  I was also able to find 100% wool fabric at Joanne's and felt it in the washing machine for the main body which made this project much more affordable than the recommended Etsy store sources for felted wool.  The rest was made out of synthetic felt and it still came out super cute.  I can't wait to get started on more of Gingermelon's sweet dolls.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.