HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Friday, December 14, 2012

Handmade gifts and such.

I feel like it's been forever since I last posted and I was thinking it's because I haven't been doing anything creative.  The past few weeks I have really felt the daily work load of directing a Classical Conversations group, violin lessons twice a week, art classes, and all the other work that comes with keeping up a home and educating little ones.  Most of it has finally come to an end until next year and when I sat down and thought about what I have done creatively over the past few weeks, I realized I have accomplished quite a bit in the midst of our busy schedule.

I need to touch up the walls still.


I changed things up a little in the homeschool room.  I really needed a dry erase board to help me focus on a few key things during the week.  I didn't however want the room to look to much like a classroom so I ended up painting some black Pottery barn frames that I already had with an antique finish and putting maps from Ballard design in them.  I used a sheet of scrapbook paper for the middle one with notes for violin practice.  I also hung the violins to make practicing daily easier.  I like how it turned out.  It's much more functional and still feels like a home instead of a classroom. 



For our Classical Conversations Christmas party, Tony cut wood discs so the students could make Christmas ornaments.  I love having a handy husband!  It was fun and they turned out great. 




We have started renovations on our new family doll house.  I wish it was vintage but it's not.  It is however in need of a huge makeover which is exactly what I was looking for.  We found it on Craigslist and Nate went to work on the electrical problems right away.  This will be a fun project we will enjoy as a family for many months.  I have been wanting to do a dollhouse renovation ever since I first saw my sweet friend Corey's doll house collection.  If you love vintage you should check out her site.  She is absolutely amazing!




 I whipped up a nook cover for a Christmas gift and started painting this vintage chair I found.  It doesn't look like much but I love this chair!  Notice the slats on the bottom for holding books?  I have a special plan in mind for this lovely chair so I'm hoping to finish it up over Christmas break.  The flowers are for a wreath I'm creating for the front porch. 


I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family this Christmas season!  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.