HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Friday, October 29, 2010

Ruffled Dress

Here is my ruffled dress inspired by 2 sources.  First from Rae over at Made by Rae who recently had a I can do that moment while visiting Janie and Jack.  And second from Janie and Jack who had the perfect dress for Madeline's first Christmas photo.  I plan on adding a forth ruffle and making this out of Duponi Silk with tulle under each ruffle for her Christmas dress.  I want to do it in this amazing blue that I found with beige tulle but I'm not sure if that will go with what I have planned for the boys (brown corduroy).  Maybe white?  Anyway, this was a test run and I used some of my vintage inspired fabric by Sandy Klop for Moda that I purchased way to much of on a recent vacation.  I traced the yoke of a dress that looked similar and for the ruffles I just used trial and error.  Lots of error!  The ruffles where a pain to figure out and are still not perfect.  I finally decided around 1:30 a.m. that I just had to finish.  It will be a lot easier now that I have figured out the process.  Maybe I will do a tutorial on these lovely ruffles to save you from the torture.




I like the way it turned out.  The ruffles are so much fun!  The best part is they are apparently fun to chew on.  Every time I check on her she has a handful of ruffles in her mouth.  Love it!




Halloween pics are coming soon and hopefully lots of Christmas gift ideas!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.