HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

oliver + s swingset tunic and simple skirt for baby girl.

I recently purchased my first oliver + s sewing pattern.  I chose  this swingset tunic and skirt pattern.  I really want to be sewing more for myself and the boys but Madeline needs some new clothes.  OK, let me rephrase that.  I want Madeline to have some different style clothes.  Everything she has is hand me downs and absolutely beautiful but I have been finding myself staring in her closet lately wishing for something a little less Easter dress and a little more Madeline.  I think I got it right with this one! 




I'm in love with oliver + s now!  The pattern was easy to follow and I love how professional looking it turned out.  The fabric I used for the top and skirt is something I've had in my stash for a couple of years and I can't remember who it's by.  The pink paisley is a super soft voile fabric and I think it's by Anna Maria Horner but I can't seem to find it online so that might be wrong.  I purchased it locally and was in such a rush I didn't even bother to look.  It reminds me a lot of the fabric I used for Madeline's sunsuit and my shirred sundress.  Its very thin and has the most vibrant colors.   



I didn't follow the oliver + s skirt pattern.  I decided just to do a simple elastic waisted skirt made from 2 rectangles.  The waist band is really small because I used scraps to make it but I really like how it turned out.  She has worn it a couple of times now and it looks super cute with a collared t-shirt.  I need to get busy making more of these skirts and take advantage of this perfect bubble butt diaper age. 





I didn't have any small buttons to cover with fabric so I went with invisible snaps again.  I love having those to fall back on!  I was not in the mood to do buttons anyway and she outgrows these clothes so fast that my standards for the fine details have gone way down!  She is also a little monkey and is into and on top of everything so my sewing time has gone way down as well!  But I know the time goes by fast so I'm enjoying every second of this sweet energetic baby. 



A cute headband from the scraps and a rolled knit flower with vintage button and off she goes.....











Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.