She was attending a Regency Ball and asked if I could make her gown and she let me do her hair!!! It was so much fun! She chose the beautiful teal fabric and I used Simplicity 4055 costume pattern. It was an easy pattern but if I were to use it again I would replace the placket with a zipper. I also changed the waist and added an attached sash that tied and drapped down the back.
I added beaded trim work to the bottom overlay fabric which looked really beautiful. I didn't hand sew the trim work around the neck as you can tell! We were just too short on time for the fine details.
Here is a shot of the top of her hair. The braids went along the face and twisted in the back. The bottom portion was left down with long curls. She was absolutely stunning! Sorry for the rushed photos. We worked to the last minute to pull everything together and off she went. Hopefully I will have more photos to show you of her in the dress enjoying a beautiful evening!
The beaded head band is what I wore in my hair for my wedding 10 years ago this past April 13th! We got married on a Friday the 13th. It turns out that's a lucky day for us.