HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Garden Hat

Spring weather, Spring hat!  I know it's probably still winter for a lot of you so I'm sorry to rub this in but it is full Florida Spring here and I was so excited to finally finish my new gardening hat!  Aside from sewing and homeschooling, gardening is my number 1 Passion.  I will get more into that later;)







Do you remember Belt Week over at A Lemon Squeezy Home?  Well, as part of the prize for coming in 2nd with the Leather and Jute Belt I was given the opportunity to choose 2 Amy Butler sewing patterns from this AWESOME selection. 


[DSCF3077[5].jpg]


I chose the labtop cover, which I haven't tried yet, and the Blue Sky Hats pattern.  I had to make a few changes to the hat pattern since I was using burlap and wanted this to be more of a big brimmed garden hat than beach hat but overall I'm totally pleased!  It's sturdy, durable, and stylish. 









Madeline will be modeling the new hat today.  I'm teaching Nate to use the camera but we're just not there yet and she's much more cute anyway!  I don't think I will be able to resist making a tot sized in the near future.


















Now I just need to whip up a 20's style gardening dress to match and my world will be complete!
Happy Spring
and

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! That hat is just gorgeous! I love it! The baby is a super cute model, too!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hat! I just found your blog and had to laugh because my sewing machine got a work out from the beginning too! I have fallen in love with sewing! I can't wait to see what you post now that I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hat is amazing. i am adding you to my google reader, you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.